Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Video Treatment


My short video is going to be based on sexism. I chose sexism because I feel that it is a very interesting and meaningful yet controversial issue today. In my opinion, sexism is also hidden secretly in many things said as well as actions. I am going to use power point to make my video and I would consider myself to be pretty advanced and comfortable with power point. I plan on making a storyline about a woman named Shelly Woodworth who faces sexism every day in her life and in every aspect, even down to when she gets a coffee. I am going to give the background of Shelly’s life and also a brief overview of a typical day in her life. Then I am going to give a definition of sexism, explain how it negatively affects Shelly along with the people doing it, and how we can change it.

I plan to find reliable sources through searching the library databases on sexism, and also searching Google and evaluating good sources. I also plan to consult our two textbooks. I wish to cover all of the topics discussed to make this a great learning experience through watching and interacting with the power point. As far as a timeline, I plan to start the power point today and do a little bit each day before it is due- hopefully I still have power through this snow storm! I wish to use the last day to evaluate the project and tweak any mistakes or add anything that is necessary.

After going through my power point, I wish that people would take away the many hidden examples of sexism. I want them to be aware of how detrimental sexism is to our society and things that we can do to prevent it.

No comments:

Post a Comment