Sunday, January 16, 2011

Process Piece

I actually enjoyed creating my power point on sexism. I loved searching for the images of sexism, they were so intriguing because most of the images that I came upon were either designers, or from a very long time ago in the mid to early 1900’s. It is absolutely amazing to me that people thought this way about women years ago. Where did this misogynist view come from? It makes me wonder, did people think like this from the beginning of time? And why? It is all so interesting to me. I loved creating the average day in Shelly’s life part of the power point. It really helped me envision how sexism affects women so deeply and in everyday activities. My goal through the power point was to help people put themselves in Shelly’s position and raise the issue of how prominent sexism is in every day issues… but at the same time, it is so deeply hidden through gestures as simple as opening the door for a woman. I hope that this project helped others understand the deeper rooted issues of sexism, as it did help me.

Works Cited
Johnson, Allan G. Privilege, Power, and Difference. Boston, MA: McGraw-Hill, 2006. Print.
 



No comments:

Post a Comment